Glendale Robotics Academy
The GRA serves as a point of collaboration with various community partners. Synergistic activities include:
- Facilitate and host competitions and camps to get more K-12 students excited about careers in STEM.
- Foster connections with industry to improve collaboration on curriculum and promote student internship opportunities.
- Provide support for undergraduate research projects.
- Expand opportunities for the capstone experience by including projects in other areas of engineering.
- We are committed to creating an authentic and interdisciplinary learning experience in the context of robotics.
- Our program is structured to engage students in hands-on design/prototype projects as they learn fundamental concepts from physics, mathematics, computer science, and engineering.
- After finishing introductory and intermediate classes, students participate in capstone courses and complete a sophisticated engineering project, such as the design and manufacture of an autonomous mobile robot for competition.
- This experience prepares students to transfer to four-year institutions and pursue careers in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math), where job opportunities are growing nearly twice as fast as non-STEM occupations.
3D Printing Competition Pilot Program
Open to faculty for winter
All 5 teams presented at the end of fall semester. See their presentation here.